Who is Aaron Cottrell?
Travelling Englishman interested in technology, startups, travel and music.
- Working as Head of Product for Zendesk Connect – a proactive messaging tool across email, SMS, mobile push and in-product message.
- Living in Melbourne, Australia.
- Working for social data startup PeerIndex in London, UK.
- Computer science and tech – Found a groove working with fast moving product teams. Working on everything from product conception (vision, use cases) to delivery and iteration – obsessing over developing products people love.
- Zendesk – ‘Beautifully simple’ customer support platform aiming to bring companies closer to their customers. My role: Working on a new aspect of the platform offering, Customer Engagement – bridging customer support, customer experience and marketing to provide tools for companies to serve better end-to-end customer experiences.
- PeerIndex – A tech-startup looking to understand and connect people on the social web. My role: Originally client liasion and project delivery, then, bringing an API platform product and developer programme to market and finally, helping to find product market-fit for a SaaS audience insights product.
- Interviewing the Influencers – Podcast series of free form chats with interesting people I pay attention to and that others advocate.
- Tribewanted – An eco-tourism project like no other, Tribewanted develops sustainable communities across the globe. My role: Project management for a strategy & web platform revamp.
- OuterArc – Small, innovative, green tech company. My role: Client liasion, business development, project delivery and a bit of tech (web app dev).
- Nott Cast – Podcast I co-hosted with my friend Ollie Carefull about business, tech & graduate life in Nottingham, UK.
Other Internet Appearances
- ‘Treat your APIs as Products’ – A webinar I co-presented with my colleague and friend Craig Hughes on the PeerIndex API and the product/market lessons we had learned 3 months after launching it.
- “Beyond the Engineer – Engaging the Masses” [AutomatedBuildings.com Article]
- “Going Native: dawn of electricity and death of a pangolin” [Telegraph.co.uk Activity & Adventure Travel Blog]
- “How much energy are you using?”
- “Getting creative with buildings”
- “Designing to engage” [3 guest posts for CreativeNottingham.com]